Saturday, March 12, 2011

SENDAI JAPAN

SENDAI aka MORI NO MIYAKO - City of Trees

Sendai , the capitol city of Miyagi prefecture,  was hit the hardest by the tsunammi + earthquake combo. It is one of the greenest cosmopolitan cities in Japan, known for the many trees that balance out the city scape. It is hard for me to to look at these images because it shows the magnitude of the current damage. My family is from Japan and the last 2 days have been very emotional. Our hearts are heavy with sadness for everyone that has been affected by this catastrophe. 



This song is called "Kibou no Wadachi" loosely translates to "following the tracks of hope". This youtube video has alot of nice pics of kanagawa prefecture. This tragedy in Japan has made me miss my hometown, which is Yokohama. Holla to kanagawa ken min!!
Southern All Stars is one of my favorite japanese rock/pop bands from my childhood. They hail from Kanagawa prefecture - most of there music has a beach and ocean flavor, probably because of Shonan beach, a surfer hangout. I think this band writes music that really represents the spirit of Japan. They also hold the record of having the most hits to chart on Oricon - the JP equivalent of BilBoard. Gambare Japan!!

No comments:

Post a Comment